Old October 10th 04, 07:29 PM
RCM

Look up "mixing" or audio mixers. I have heard audio recordings that have taken the
"noise" generated by and recored from radio astronomy and mixed with an audio tone to
give a more pleasant sound. Quite interesting "music" from the stars.

Thierry wrote:
Hi,

Do you know a software that 'd convert a spectrum to voice (the opposite to
what do a spectrum analyzer like Audio Wizard or Audacity) ?

The idea is to convert the visual spectrum of stars to voice (e.g. 400nm to
400Hz.) or a radioastronomical signal recorded at SHF, etc.

I know that acoustic engineers could generate such audio files and some
musicians do such performances, but that means a lot of hardware, what I
cannot offer.

Even if this is a nonsense, maybe that a genious programmer developed such
tool for mateurs...

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Thierry