Old November 30th 07, 06:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Loading Coils; was : Vincent antenna

John Smith wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
John Smith wrote:
There is SOMETHING we are ALL missing ... but, I do listen to your
arguments, I admit--I have a hard time following you ...

Well, let's take a simple example. Given a lossless
90 degree stub. What is the phase shift in the total
current from one end of the stub to the other?

Hmmm, 360? No, 180? Hmmm, 90? Well, 89.999999999999999999?

Ok, I give up, tell me ... :-)

Regards,
JS

Anyway, why current, wouldn't voltage make the same shift, although
inversely proportional?

Regards,
JS

Which, even more, bakes ones' noodle, as the same power level exists at
every single point along the length of the element, right? Seemingly,
suggesting, all points are as efficient in radiation characteristics, right?

However, I ask this while placing myself at risk of looking like an
idiot because I really am NOT sure ... oh well. But then, you already
knew, I don't know it all ... :-(

Regards,
JS