Old November 30th 07, 09:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default The Odd World of U.S. Shortwave

In article
,
"tom k in L.A." wrote:

On Nov 29, 10:16 am, "Frank Dresser"
wrote:
"tom k in L.A." wrote in

m...

i think US shortwave is a travesty. terrible showing of our country
to the world as religious fanatics. terrible-- i hate it and wish
there were more intelligent US content broadcast.

Are you going to do anything about what's bothering you?

Frank Dresser

it would be good if US shortwave stations would sell big blocks of
time directly to Deutsche Welle, BBC, VoR, NHK, Radio Prague, etc.
then at least it would be intelligent programming.

Just because the US religious broadcasters don't have what you want does
not make them unintelligent.

I'm not interested in listening to relays from transmitters in our own
country. It kind of ruins the whole idea of SW for me.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California