Old November 30th 07, 10:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Bob in Phx Bob in Phx is offline

Default RAR+P participation chart.

Phil, My experience only:
I only rarely post, but read a lot.
I have tried the forums, but they are slow and not as easy to sort, so I
only occasionally read them.
I've blocked Skippy no for about a year, so he doesn't keep me away.
I some times like to buy things from FA and FS and WTT posts.
Now for the big part, I have also, because of Usenet, found other groups,
not related to radios that I am interested in. Metal working for one,
pinball for another.
These other usenet groups take my "reading" time up and I don't get to
Radios as much as I used to.

I liken it to, what if your one bar small town now had two hundred bars, all
with a different flavor, a dive bar, a fern bar, a martini bar, etc.... I
occasionally drop in to the radio bar, but I also visit a couple of the
other two hundred bars...... none on a regular basis.

bob in phx.... (where there are lots of bars that I never go to, cause I
don't drink!!!!!!!!!!)

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
"John Byrns" wrote...
Or perhaps it is simply due to the
proliferation of groups, with both usenet and the "forums", sharing a
limited number of posters so that there are less posters available to
each group irrespective of whether it is an um moderated usenet group or
an older moderated "forum".

That's my guess. More places to talk, and fewer people talking in any
particular group.

Imagine a small town that originally had one tavern. Two new taverns open
up as the town slowly grows (or maybe doesn't grow at all).

Newcomers find some place where they feel comfortable. Some will stay and
others will move on.

Oldtimers may stick with the original, or spread out and find a new place
they like better . . . or just make the rounds once in a while.

Regards,

Phil Nelson