Old December 1st 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David[_5_] David[_5_] is offline

Default Shortwave receiver that will integrate with satellite-radiointerface on a car-stereo?

Luke Scharf wrote:
RHF wrote:
1 - Shortwave Radio -to- FM Wireless Transmitter

2 - FM Wireless Transmitter -to- The Car's AM/FM Radio

-OR- Sony AM/FM/SW Car Stereo
with MP3/WMA CD player. MP3 player input jack.
http://www.shortwavestore.com/sws/pr...0&cat=0&page=1

Is there a unit with nearly no controls and/or a small remote?

I've seen the Sony XR-CA620X unit, but I had a JVC unit picked out that
I like/liked for other reasons[0]. This Sony unit looks a little bit
more capable -- I'll keep reading and see what I can put together...
There is a lot of useful information on this kind of thing from the
big-stereo crowd.

Thanks for the input,
-Luke

[0] Really good iPod control, compatibility with the odd factory-amp in
my car, compatibility with the steering-wheel buttons in my car, and
also an AM/FM HD radio receiver... Or at least that's what the sales
literature lead me to believe! :-)

Whole House Transmitter Gold