Old December 2nd 07, 05:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Neil S Neil S is offline

Default This weeks "what is it?"

It is a temperature potentiometer. Good for making very precise temperature
measurements to check things. We often used a Leeds&Northrup before Fluke
came out with the lower cost digital ones. A pain to use to make hundrends
of measuremtns :-(

Neil S.

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 22:11:20 -0500, Buck Frobisher wrote:

Saw this at an antique shop today, couldn't for the life of me figure out
what it is. The label says Honeywell "Potentiometer", but it sure seems
look like more than that!

"Standard Cell" as mentioned on the yellow tag in one of the photos is
one
of those calibrated battery cells that was talked about on RAR+P a while
back, right?

Just curious if anyone can tell me something about it.

Tests the calibration of thermocouple devices in some kind of heating
device maybe a lab furnace?