Old December 3rd 07, 06:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default I B OC'd and Half-Crocked - Your Mind Is An iPod !

On Dec 2, 6:17Â*pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
On Nov 30, 11:14�pm, Telamon

wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
I found this very interesting regarding HD radio.

On Thursday the 22nd of March, 2007 the Federal Communications Commission
approved all facets of digital broadcasting in the USA. In particular, AM
stations will soon be authorized to begin 24/7 use of their first adjacent
frequencies for digital sidebands.

What this does is open the door to significant interference to all AM
stations. A 50kw clear channel station can run a digital transmitter at far
more power than would be authorized for any conventional station in that
location on those two adjacent frequencies. It will be interesting from a
rather perverse sense to see what happens at night..

Snip

The way HD is being implemented on the AMBCB band is a deliberate
attempt to disrupt talk radio, which is, besides the Internet the only
counter to the liberal controlled media.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Agreed - HD/IBOC is an attempt to destroy AM radio in order to move
the highly-successful news/talk/sports formats to FM because the FMs
are losing listeners to iPods, etc...- Hide quoted text -

I B OC'd and Half-Crocked - Your Mind Is An iPod !

and that is something to think about ~ RHF