Old December 3rd 07, 09:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default It's Christmas Season -cause- There is Christmas Music on theRadio !

On Dec 3, 5:18 am, IBOCcrock wrote:
With all of these layoffs/firings in the radio industry, I can't wait
for the next stockholders' meetings, when they ask the "suits" about
the ROI on their $300,000/station HD Radio investments. Stations
refuse to invest in HD, not only because they know it is a non-
starter, but they just can't plain afford to throw more money after
this destructive, stillborn technology. The $680,000,000 investment in
HD was only unsold air-time - what does that say about this dying
industry, with all of that unsold air-time? HD is simply a scam to
attempt to bilk the public into buying new HD radios, in order to save
the dying radio industry. Too bad, the public has figured out tha HD
doesn't even work:

"Is HD Radio Toast?"

"There are serious issues of coverage. Early adopters who bought HD
radios report serious drop-outs, poor coverage, and interference. The
engineers of Ibiquity may argue otherwise and defend the system, but
the industry has a serious PR problem with the very people we need to
get the word out on HD... In other words, everything you can find on
the regular FM dial... The word has already gotten out about HD Radio.
People who have already bought an HD Radio are telling others of their
experience (mostly bad) and no amount of marketing will reverse this."

http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=487772

At some point, there may be a Congesssional investigation into this
sham:

"HD Radio: Fun with Math"

"I think it is fair to say that the audiophile community, those people
who take their FM seriously, is dead set AGAINST HDRadio. Not only do
most people never intend to buy a radio, unless as a plaything for
early adopters and collectors, but are aghast at the FCC for even
allowing IBOC to thrash up the FM bandwidth. Plus, people with enough
technical savvy to read the specs are insulted by the false claims of
"CD sound quality" or even "near-CD sound quality." These are
transparent marketing hype, beyond mean puffery. Sorry, but HDRadio
has sworn enemies. This goes beyond just business but has political
eprecussions for FCC and for Congress. This has the whiff of
political scandal - and I'm a rock-ribbed Republican! The Corporation
for Public Broadcasting is especially vulnerable. My advice for any
businessman is to avoid any association with HDRadio."

http://www.hear2.com/2006/06/hd_radio_fun_wi.html

I B OC'd and Half-Crocked,

Dang - You Are A Real Head-Up-Your-Ass SICKO !

It's Christmas Season*
-cause- There is Christmas Music
on the Free Over-the-Air Radio !
* Let the Hirings Begin !

iboc crock - you are a sad sick human being
for revelling in the fact that people are
losing their jobs ~ RHF