Old December 4th 07, 02:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default AR-7030+, and some random thoughts.

On Dec 3, 7:44 am, Eric F. Richards wrote:
Joe Analssandrini wrote:

The only situation where negative or pejorative comments are warranted
is when a particular receiver has a design or construction flaw of
which other readers here may need to be made aware. This could also
apply to poor performance experienced by an owner by a particular
manufacturer, service department, or dealer.

- And this is exactly the reason why I obsessively "knocked"
- one particular radio, because I found that, while it was
- a fine performer when testing it at the shop, it fell far
- short when I put it to my real-world use.
-
- Unfortunately, it has a cult following, so if I mention
- its model number, people crawl out of the woodwork to
- defend it.
-
- As for actually shedding light on the situation, I got
- to talk to Bob Sherwood (who does testing for PWBR) at
- a hamfest about it and he was surprised at the things
- I described. He wondered if I had a bad unit.
- By that time, I'd sold it already, so I couldn't let
- him have a look at it.
-
- The end result was that it was no longer worth my time
- to argue performance against religious zealotry.
-
- --
- Eric F. Richards,
- "It's the Din of iBiquity." -- Frank Dresser
-

EFR -Warning- If You Say The Magic Words "Icom IC-R75"
.. . . The 'phil ' Will Appear ! ~ RHF
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/m...iser/19112.jpg