Old October 12th 04, 06:46 AM
Bob M.

"Dick" LeadWinger wrote in message
The point is you don't need an HF SWR meter because you already have
one. That alone should be very instructional. Antenna tuners aren't
very useful for mobile use either. Use an antenna that covers the
area of interest, or use a screwdriver or automatic tuner and whip.
You have enough to do operating mobile without having to fiddle with
an antenna tuner.

Dick - W6CCD

If he gets a screwdriver antenna, he should also get the "ASAC" automatic
screwdriver antenna controller from Am-Com but Am-Com is out of business
now. Good luck finding one. This ASAC controls the antenna motor and does
the hunting for proper SWR while you are driving. I had one hooked up to my
706, worked great. No it is not for sale.