Old December 6th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono, rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Kudos to HAMS...

On Dec 6, 3:12 pm, robert casey wrote:
Randy or Sherry Guttery wrote:

but then along comes mother nature - to remind one and all who's boss -
and guess who the heroes are?

Not roast beef on rye? :-)

http://www.kptv.com/weatheralert/14776224/detail.html

Kudos to all involved!

But hams need antennas to make it happen. And we need news stories like
these to show to home owner association and towns as to why we should be
allowed to have antennas.

I sit as chair on our Township Board of Historical and Architectural
Review. We make deliberate and specific exceptions for Ham antenna vs.
satellite dishes and similar. So, your hopes are not altogether in
vain. All we ask is that the antenna be installed with as little
impact on the significant structure as possible. Not "NO" impact, not
"Invisible", just minimum practical impact. In my years on the board,
it has come up twice - in both cases, the exception was granted and
then further granted by Zoning and Planning (height and setback
restrictions). The two are still up today.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA