Old December 6th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,sci.electronics.cad
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default "MARTHA" RF/Microwave CAD Using APL -- Free!

msg wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

snip

It sure will, and just like good old DOS Orcad, you will have some people
who keep around old legacy DOS systems just so they can use it.

You are in luck, it is available. Check out the OldDosOrcad group on Yahoo.
Even DOS OrCAD's author appears there from time-to-time.

I would have loved having DOS Orcad; I used to use the demo version
which wouldn't save or print, by using a video printer for output.

I have rather a lot of software that was written for Windows 95,
that is no longer usable with NT, XP, or Vista. Am I supposed to
keep a '95 box around just to run it?

Why not run the old O/Ses on virtual machines? I know quite a few
folks who have a boatload of old O/S and apps running under VMWare.

And I am doing just that, with linux and Wine. Wine allows me to run
a windows program as it existed on the day it was written, but does nothing
to help me if I need some changes.

-Chuck