Old December 7th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Keith Dysart[_2_] Keith Dysart[_2_] is offline

Default Loading Coils; was : Vincent antenna

On Dec 6, 1:23 pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
Keith Dysart wrote:
You should also consider a shortened monopole
where lumped elements are used to tune out
the reactance.

Please feel free to pursue that line of
development if you are so inclined.

Since lumped elements do not exist in reality,
they are outside of the scope of real-world
75m mobile loading coils that I am trying to
cover here. I am not proposing a theory of
everything nor do I intend to waste my time
with such. But be my guest.

You have done this before; postulating
explanations that only work in the complexity
of the "real" world, but fail when presented with
the simplicity of ideal test cases.
Then, when the explanations fail on the simple
cases, claiming these cases are not of interest
because the real world is more complex.

It won't fly. Good explanations also work when
presented with test cases from the simpler
world of ideal components.

....Keith