Old December 7th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default Kudos to HAMS...

Don Bowey wrote:
On 12/7/07 7:59 AM, in article ,
"Chuck Harris" wrote:

Bill Jeffrey wrote:

By Federal law, TV and radio receiving antennas, dishes, and so forth,
for household (non-commercial) use, are exempt from local restrictions
(including any and all HOA covenants). I don't know if this exemption
extends to ham radio antennas or not, but I would think that a pretty
good case could be made.

Bill

I'd sure like to see some references on that one!

I have lived in several communities that specifically forbade outside
antennas of any kind.... including TV.

For instance whenever I have lived in a townhouse, I owned the inside
of the house up to the common walls, but the community owned everything
outside of the house. It would be hard to imagine how I would be
allowed, by Federal exemption, to deface someone else's property so that
I may put up an antenna.

Roll Over. Speak! Shake hands.

Are you trying to say something Don?

-Chuck