Old October 13th 04, 02:44 PM
Andrew VK3BFA

(Ed) wrote in message om...
I need a replacement for the 1SV153 Varactor diode used in the Kenwood
TS-440 HF rig. I've searched several sites including NTE and Tandy.
Anyone have any info or even specs?
Please respond direct. Tnx and 73, K4GJ

Virtually anything would work - whats its designation in the cct - is
it a single or dual diode - even a 1n4004 makes a reasonable single
varactor - the MV104 is a dual one, obselete but still around, Philips
also make an equivalent but would have to look it up... (its a BBxxxx
designation ) - you might need to muck around a bit and retune the
rest of the cct, but whats the alternative - scrap the radio? ........
73 de VK3BFA.