Old December 11th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Unrevealed Source Unrevealed Source is offline

Default "Gottahaveit" Marty gobbles 'em up!

It is the nature of auctions that the high bidder wins. There's no
difference between Radiomart and anyone else, including you or I. He
places bids that are the highest he's willing to pay. In his case, he's
going to resell it and try to make a profit, so his bids may actually be
lower than others that just want the radio to keep. He doesn't win all of
the auctions he bids on. It's not that he's "grabbing all of the decent
deals", he's just bidding higher than you are.

I've outbid him on several radios, you might want to try doing the same
thing. Sniping is an important component of winning auctions, so learn how
to do it and you'll probably have better luck.

Believe me, I've been watching Radio Mart's buying and selling practices for
a long time, including lying about the radios that he sells and his
willingness to engage in shill bidding on his own items. So I'm certainly
no fan of his and would warn anyone against buying from him. But you can't
complain that he's outbidding you - that's just the way it works.

" wrote in message
It's getting virtually impossible to get a decent radio deal on Ebay
anymore because "Gottahaveit" / Radio Mart Martin is grabbing all of
the decent deals which forces you to buy from him with his obnoxious
$35 or greater shipping price and no guarantee you are getting a
"collector's condition" radio. There must be a way to stop this so
others can get a fair deal. I have to confess that the few items I've
purchased from him worked OK, certainly not "excellent" as described
but rather crusty and not even cleaned up. I also know others who have
been shafted by Radio Mart. Oh well, such is capitalism I guess.

Frank
Tucson