Old December 11th 07, 05:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
COLIN LAMB COLIN LAMB is offline

Default 3 tube am 75 meter mobile

I do not remember a 3 tube transmitter using 2 6146 tubes. I question that
arrangement, because the 6146 modulator would be running class A and very
inefficient.

However, I am familiar with a 2 tube transmitter using a 6146 final. It was
very effective and a lot of hams built one. It was called the "Golden Gate"
circuit, because it was popular in San Francisco.

Using1/2 of a 12AT7 for a crystal controlled oscillator, driving a 6146, it
was screen modulated by the other 1/2 of the 12AT7. Used a carbon mike and
step up transformer.

It appeared in the "New" CQ Mobile Handbook, second edition - 1956.

73, Colin K7FM