Old December 11th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo[_4_] David Eduardo[_4_] is offline

Default HD Radio

"Telamon" wrote in message
No. It's that news/talk is mostly on AM so it is the band being
disrupted. I can't make any sense of the approach taken implemented HD
on the AM band so I'm grasping for a reason.

1. AM audiences are declining rapidly
2. AM listener age is increasing each year.
3. AM formats like news / talk, when put on FM, increase younger demos
almost instantly.
4. This shows the main reason (as does all kinds of research) for the
decline of AM is that it sounds just so bad. HD is an attempt to make it
sound better and make it viable again.