Old December 12th 07, 07:25 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Alex Clayton Alex Clayton is offline

Default Looking for Police scanner

"asylum" wrote in message
My father in-law is looking for a police scanner.
I know things are changing with the Digital scanner being the up and
coming thing.
What unit would you guys recommend so he can listen to local police/fire?
The digital scanners seem pretty pricey. Looking for a portable unit
mainly.
Thanks greatly!

You need to tell people where you are, what you want to hear. Radio
Reference page may be able to help. It will depend on what kind of radio
system the agencies you want to hear have. Most Police that go digital only
do so to have encrypted. If your Police have done that you can't hear them.
If it's a Trunked 800 or standard analog the BC246T is a great little
scanner. Fits in a shirt pocket.
Moderation is for monks."
[Lazarus Long]