Old December 12th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Steve Steve is offline

Default Which would you choose?

On Dec 11, 6:09 pm, "Frank103" wrote:
I want to buy a world band radio for my son. I'm thinking of the Eaton 1 on
sale from Circuit City. I am also thinking of a internet wireless radio. It
would seem to me that wi-fi is the better choice. Am I missing something?
Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Frank

I think it should hinge on the interests of your son. Is he interested
in Radio or does he just want something to listen music, news, etc.
on? If the idea is to spur his interest in Radio, then the choice is a
no-brainer: get the E1 (or other real, over-the-air radio). If he
wants easy and high quality access to a lot of radio/internet audio
content, especially music, then an "internet radio" or audio bridge
makes sense.

Steve