Old December 14th 07, 05:26 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
Scott W phony scientist extraordinaire Scott W phony scientist extraordinaire is offline

Default Longest distance for Scanner Reception

a écrit dans le message de news:
Scott W phony scientist extraordinaire wrote:

Well; it wasn't on the CB, 27 MHz AM band
was started in 1958. I've heard stories
about HAMs and short-wave junkies picking
up all kinds of activity during 'the war'.
There are STILL militarizes using the AM
Hi Frequency band. Interesting, tho: the
German --at least the Panzer Divisions--
were known to broadcast on VHF-Lo in
FM. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

HF and VHF-Low are adjacent and have overlapping characteristics ca. 30 mHz.

Sure, but wouldn't 'FM Mode' negate some of the skip
pattern?
--
"...To build may have to be the slow and
laborious task of years. To destroy can be

Sir Winston Churchill

And, 500,000 Patagonian Pygmies nod their heads
in total agreement.
http://tinyurl.com/2b2bk7
http://tinyurl.com/2b2bk7
http://tinyurl.com/2b2bk7