Old November 6th 03, 05:00 PM
Cecil Moore

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
Are the FACTS in the way of coil "must" have the same current theory?

This is not enough proof that current is significantly different at both ends
of the coil rather than miniscule, hardly measureable? That IS the argument.

As has been demonstrated, there is a camp that believes the current is the
same. We know it is not and are bringing it to their attention in hope that it
will set the record and knowledge straight.

One more data point. Assuming a 102 inch base-loaded mobile antenna on 75m,
the impedance looking into the whip is around 0.5-j2000. If we assume a current
of 1.5 amp into the bottom of the coil and also out of the top of the coil,
the voltage at the top of the coil will be around 3000 volts.

With a base loaded 75m antenna, the voltage at the top of the coil should
not be extremely difficult to measure and could be viewed with an oscilloscope.
This is an experiment that I can do at reduced power.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp