Old December 15th 07, 12:41 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.scanner
Scott W phony scientist extraordinaire Scott W phony scientist extraordinaire is offline

Default Longest distance for Scanner Reception

a écrit dans le message de news:

Sure, but wouldn't 'FM Mode' negate some of the skip pattern?

AM - FM - SSB - CW, what ever has no effect on the skip (propagation)
conditions. WE, our radio club receive "skip" on our FM ham repeater which
is in the 147 MHz band. The usual skip comes from 500 miles away from
another ham repeater.

Longest scanner reception would depend on several conditions, the antenna,
it's height, your elevation, propagation conditions, coax line loss, antenna
signal amplifier, just a few of the major items to think about.

Ok. I thought that they way that they signal was modulated
had an affect on the general overall range, all things considered
with AM working out more favorably with skip because it's a simpler
type of radiation. But come to think of it, when the US Govmnt
was doing below-ground nucleor tests in Nevada, we could pick
up tv channel's from 1000 miles away.
--
"...To build may have to be the slow and
laborious task of years. To destroy can be

Sir Winston Churchill

And, 500,000 Patagonian Pygmies nod their heads
in total agreement.
http://tinyurl.com/2b2bk7
http://tinyurl.com/2b2bk7
http://tinyurl.com/2b2bk7