Old December 16th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Bearcat210xlt Bearcat210xlt is offline

Default Looking for Police scanner

On Dec 13, 6:09 am, "Alex Clayton" wrote:
"The Kat" wrote in message

... On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:42:05 -0800, "Alex Clayton"
wrote:

Then you are most likely going to be out of luck. If they go digital they
will most likely encrypt.

Bull****! Most digital systems are NOT encrypted!

Try having someone who finished school read the thread to you. No one here
said anything about "digital systems". We were discussing listening to the
Police, City Police. Most City Police departments that go to the expense of
an of a P-25 system do so to encrypt. There is a LOT of other stuff that is
P-25 that is not, but that is not what anyone here was asking about. Have
someone explain it to you.
--
The two most abundant things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity.
(not necessarily in that order)

Analog Gov't/Police/Fire broadcasts are usually in the Mid VHF band
(136-174 MHz, excluding 162). I think you can listen to air-traffic
control in the Low VHF band (118-136 Mhz). I live a few dozen
kilometers from an airport, in which I can listen to the communication
on 132.7 and 123.9 MHz. Correct me on all this if I am wrong. (I am a
novice :-) )

-Trent