Old December 16th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew, sci.electronics.cad
Marra Marra is offline

Default "MARTHA" RF/Microwave CAD Using APL -- Free!

PC's have bags of memory now so the old pin limited packages are out
of date.

Some of the free packages are based around DOS or early windows where
a megabyte of memory was the limiting factor.

Anyone who has put the effort into writing a "full" PCB software
package is not going to give it away.
It just doesnt make sense, they would be better off pulling pints at
the local pub to make money.
The pin limitation was used to offer cheaper packages to people but
even some of the larger packages I have seen have limitations on them.
I think my software tops out at 32000 pins per package which is an IC
I am eager to see !
In fact you run out of room on the 50 inches by 50 inches layour
before you run out of memory !