Old December 17th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Dave is offline

Default Random vertical antenna

"-.-. --.-" wrote in message
Hi there,

i'm thinking about build from scratch on the roof of my house a
lightweight random vertical antenna (with small pvc tubes or fishing rod)
feeded by an automatic ATU. The same antenna with some kind of leverage
will be erectable from 0° to 90° (plain to my *plain* roof) to avoid &
prevent lightning but this is a mechanical history... so:

Many posts about the Rybakov antenna reports the use of a 4:1 UN-UN. I'm
not sure about the real needs of this kind of un-un... you readers what
have to suggest about height and un-un if you have to build a random
vertical to cover 80-6 meters with a decent efficiency ??

TIA,
-.-. --.-

forget the un-un, just feed it direct with coax and put as many radials
under it as you can. most of the efficiency questions are then due to the
tuner.