Old December 17th 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Best Price on the CC Radio Shortwave [CCRadio-SW] -or- Redsun RP2100-or- Kaito KA2100 Radio

On Dec 17, 6:57 am, Radioguy wrote:
On Dec 13, 6:53 pm, "Von Fourche" wrote:

"Radioguy" wrote in message

On Dec 12, 7:53 pm, "Unrevealed Source"
wrote:
Crane replaces the ferrite antenna with a better set of two (twin ferrite
antennas), that is said to offer significant improvement in reception.
Whether it's worth the extra $ is a matter of opinion, of course.

"Von Fourche" wrote in message

wrote in message

I have the Redsun RP2100 which is the same as the CC Crane SW.
It's MW AM band and FM reception is the best I have ever experienced.
See:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6055

It is also the same as the Kaito KA2100 which is an absolute bargain
for $90 at:
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2100.html

The CC Crane SW for $150 is the same as the Kaito KA2100 for $90?-

I believe both radios have two coils on one rod. I believe Crane has
made it a central part of their advertising.

So the CC Crane SW radio is the same as the Kaito?

Here's the situation - my brothers CC Radio is old and on it's last legs
although it does pick up stations and the sound is all fine. I was
thinking - either
get him a new CC Radio or maybe get him the CC Crane SW/Kaito radio.- Hide quoted text -

There's been a lot of discussion about this radio on the Yahoo
group. If it were me I would go for the Kaito or the Chinese branded
unit. OTOH if he likes CCrane branded products I would spend the
extra $$ and get him a nice xmas present.- Hide quoted text -

For One and All,

Best Price on the CC Radio Shortwave [CCRadio-SW]
-or- Redsun RP2100 -or- Kaito KA2100 Radio :

The one main reason for going with the C. Crane Co.
CCRadio-SW is the 30-Day Return Policy and the USA
1-Year Manufactures Warranty*. C. Crane Price $150
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/shortwa...cradio-sw.aspx

* This also applies to the Kaito KA2100 Radio too :
$109 - http://www.kaitousa.com/KA2100.htm
$100 - http://www.radios4you.com/kaito-ka2100.html
$90 - http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2100.html

The Redsun RP2100 Radio* on eBay - Prices-Out around $100.
http://www.radios4you.com/kaito-ka2100.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ260130288309
* Requires Extra 220V to 110V AC Adapter {Included}.

IMHO - Universal-Radio currently has the "Best Price" on
the Redsun RP2100 Radio; being sold under the Kaito-USA
Brand Name as the Kaito KA2100 Radio*; plus it comes with
the Kaito-USA 1-Year Manufactures Warranty and the
Universal-Radio 14 Day Return Policy.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/intro.html
* Includes US 110V AC Adapter {WallWart}

~ RHF