Old December 19th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default R-278B/GR how much is it worth?

"MRe" ) writes:
"Antonio Iovane" schreef in bericht
Does anybody have any idea? I own two of these receivers New Old
Stock, never used. These days they are good for almost nothing.
The R-278B/GR is a heavy tube type receiver that was used in military
air traffic control towers. Beside its today's uselessness, in my
opinion it equals R-390A in quality and workmanship.

I saw it once, it is indeed an incredible machine

Martijn PE1NQR

A lot of surplus was like that. Really well built, and must have
cost the governments an awful lot in the first place. But so much
of it was so specialized that the well built construction meant
nothing.

Michael VE2BVW