Old December 19th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
K3HVG[_2_] K3HVG[_2_] is offline

Default R-278B/GR how much is it worth?

Antonio Iovane wrote:
Does anybody have any idea? I own two of these receivers New Old
Stock, never used. These days they are good for almost nothing.
The R-278B/GR is a heavy tube type receiver that was used in military
air traffic control towers. Beside its today's uselessness, in my
opinion it equals R-390A in quality and workmanship.
73,
Antonio I8IOV

A local junk dealer in Baltimore had 3 more or less complete GRC-27's
for $100 each. I think someone bought them for export, but for what
purpose? The problem with that equipment is that it does not have the
requisite number of UHF channels that would support current military
use, even in the 3rd world. And... they are heavy... aren't they.