Old December 20th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
MGFoster MGFoster is offline

Default 'Tenna Tuner kit clarification

Dave Platt wrote:
As I understand the description of the kit the Tuner allows you to tune
the antenna to the best SWR when attached to the ATU/SWR meter, but if
just attached to the antenna it will declare the antenna resonant freq
(in morse code). Is this correct - that it will give the resonant freq
of the antenna?

If you're referring to the KD1JV 'Tenna Dipper kit offered through the
Four States QRP club,

SNIP

You can hook it directly to an antenna, set the operating frequency
(using the switches, dial, and the morse readout), and then tweak the
antenna until the LED goes out... at which point your antenna is tuned.

SNIP

Looks like a fun little kit... quite a bit of functionality in a small
package for a small price. Combine it with a Norcal BLT or similar
QRP transmatch, maybe?

Yes, that's what I was hoping to do. Thanks for the confirmation.
--
MGFoster:::mgf00
Oakland, CA (USA)