Old December 20th 07, 05:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default Meter FL-2100Z

"Max" ) writes:
"xpyttl" a écrit dans le message de news:

"Max" wrote in message
Hello,
The panel meter (plate voltage 0-3Kv) of my Linear amplifier fl-2100Z is
broken.

We often see requests for analog meters, which are fragile and hard to
come by, to say nothing of expensive. If the objective is to refurbish a
vintage amplifier, then probably the best bet is to find a junk amp to
cannabalize for parts.

But if the objective is to actually -use- the amp, then a micro and an
LCD, along with a little design work, can lead to a meter that is more
accurate, more robust, and cheaper than the original.

..

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
The digital LCD is another solution, but I wanted to keep the spirit of the
old amplifier.
However, I don't know the value of galvanometer, it is not indicated in the
diagram of the manual, It is written only M1.
Regards
Max

There was a time when the value of the meter was printed on the paper
that holds the scale, like down in the corner. It may nor may not be
visible without front cover on.

I don't know how consistent that was, but of the good meters I have
around (as opposed to really cheap ones seen as tuning meters in various
bits of consumer equipment) I think they all have the value printed on
the paper.

Michael VE2BVW