Old December 20th 07, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current

Roger wrote:
4nec2 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Congratulations on a clever use of zero resistance loads.

I am probably missing something, but why not just show the currents
and phase in the 'View Antenna' window ?

Maybe I am missing something. I can not get a numeric record of the
phase and current in the "View Antenna" window. I am using version 4.0.

In all versions, the View Antenna display shows the currents only
graphically and not numerically. There are three ways to find the
numerical value of current at a particular segment:

1. Click the Currents button at the left of the main window. This gives
the currents at all segments.
2. Insert a zero ohm load at the segment of interest and click Load Dat
to see its current.
3. Insert a zero volt voltage (not current) source at the segment of
interest and click Src Dat to see its current.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL