Old December 21st 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Jay in the Mojave Jay in the Mojave is offline

Default OT sorta - Icom 718

james wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 05:15:50 -0800, Jay in the Mojave
wrote:

|This is managements fault for not having a separate group test and
|evaluate the radio before production. And there is no excuse for this as
|there are way too many fat, over stuffed, self centered, arrogant,
|unemployed hams out there that can test the radios before production.

|--------------

you are right that it is management's fault but for the wrong reasons.
I have worked on projects where the senior manager has defined a major
portion of the look and feel of a product and no matter how much human
engineering has told them that thngs need to change, they don't. Get a
senior manager that has enough time and respect and given enough power
can lead to egos that in the end can produce a lousy product.

james

Hello James:

Management is in charge and has the responsibility to make the best, or
most profitable product possible. The "Buck" stops with management
period. If Management turns their back on human engineering, there is
some major wrong things happening.

Aircraft Cockpit button-ology and fast and accurate pilot response times
is a must for combat pilot and aircraft to preform with the required
edge. The aircraft manufactures have what is called a "Cockpit
Committee" Where the chief test pilot chairs the committee with customer
pilots and such to audit, refine, reject, throw out, have made better,
......ect ect. To make the aircraft a workable weapon. If the software
guys had there way it would take 106 button pushes to perform the
simplest things. The Cockpit Committee has the authority to make the
hardware designers and software engineering groups make the aircraft
work with the right stuff.

I just bought a new type scanner for trunk tracking, and general all
round monitoring. What a different way of doing things. I had to relearn
a few things. But still the scanner radio is user hostile. But if a
complex combat cockpit can be made to be user friendly, then so can a
radio.

Many amateur radios are way too complicated as the manufacture leans on
the hardware designers and software guys to make it all work with less
buttons then on my shirt. A sad mistake.

My 2M 440 HT here feed to Mr. Band saw, was done after normal operating.
http://www.a1antennas.com/humor2.html

I didn't get a picture of my Yause FT 2600 2M radio with the fire ax
resting thru it in a tree stump.

Jay in the Mojave