Old December 21st 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
k35454 k35454 is offline

Default Info Request Trio (Kenwood) SM-1 preselector

"K3HVG" wrote in message
k35454 wrote:
I have a Trio preselector identified in my inventory
as an SM-1 but the booklet for it seems to have
disappeared from my files. These were offered in
kit form or "factory wired"... mine is factory wired
and in near mint condition. My rf amplifier tubes
are both 6BA6. It says "Signamax" on the tuning
dial. VE7AFN.

That is exactly it! It would be nice to have a schematic but that
confirmation is 100% useful. As I said, the thing works. There's no
SM-1 nomenclature on mine, just that funny-looking, I assume early type,
Trio logo and the word Signamax on the dial, as you mentioned. If you
ever find the booklet and can copy the diagram and/or the actual B+
requirement, I'd much appreciate it.

Regards for the Holidays de Jeep/K3HVG

The "factory" versions had some parts fastened to the
chassis by rivets while the home-built ones used machine
screws. Also, the rectifier tube was, I believe, a 6X4 , which
many users replaced with solid-state diodes. VE7AFN.