Old December 21st 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
K3HVG[_2_] K3HVG[_2_] is offline

Default Info Request Trio (Kenwood) SM-1 preselector

k35454 wrote:

The "factory" versions had some parts fastened to the
chassis by rivets while the home-built ones used machine
screws. Also, the rectifier tube was, I believe, a 6X4 , which
many users replaced with solid-state diodes. VE7AFN.

Hmmmm.. a wrench has been inserted into the gears! My unit is not
self-powered. It has a power pigtail coming out the rear apron and is
riveted. All else falls into place, though, including the picture posted
on a JA's website. Perhaps there was an SM-2 or something? Too bad
there's no nomenclature on these things. de K3HVG