Old November 6th 03, 06:46 PM
Dave Shrader

I remember when all Hams had to pass an examination that included how to
read the color codes on resistors and capacitors.

Sigh! But that was back in the good ol' days ... sigh ...

Deacon Dave, W1MCE
+ + +

Richard Clark wrote:

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:56:14 -0600, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

I just got a TMC Directional Coupler Unit Model CU 2/50 and wonder if anyone
would have specs or a schematic? Inside it has a 0.6 ohm 40 watt resistor
inline with input and ouput. Off each end of this resistor it has a silver
button mica capacitor. My "cheatsheet" for silver button micas is not to be
found. I wonder if someone can tell me the capacitance of a silver button
mica that has the following six colors: black, brown, red, green, gold,
grey.

tnx & 73
hank wd5jfr

Hi Hank,

Practical issues like this are often deferred while angel population
counts on pin-heads are being conducted. ;-)

There are two styles of marking these components. One occupies half
the arc of the button, the other occupies 240 degrees of the arc.

Given that you start with the color black, I would presume this is of
the first variety. As such: 1,2, X100000, 5%, 6 GOhms resistance.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC