Old December 24th 07, 06:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current

Cecil Moore wrote:

I guess the authors of the textbooks never thought anyone
would be so ignorant as to believe that EM waves can stand
still. :-)

EM waves are photonic in nature must travel at the speed of
light in the medium. A standing wave stands still and oscillates
in place. Therefore, A standing wave is not an EM wave - It is
something else, by definition.

Guess if you told me we were all communicating on "entangled antennas"
(and, yes, a 1:1 relationship to entangled particles)--I'd have to, at
least, give it a thought! ROFLOL!

Merry Xmas OM,
and warm regards,
JS ;-)