Old December 24th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current

Dave Heil wrote:

Inside the microwave oven, the microwaves bounce off the metal internal
walls and set up complex 'standing wave' patterns. As with any wave,
microwaves have peaks and troughs and the intensity of the microwaves is
greatest in the peaks and troughs and lowest at points in between.

Actually, a bit more than that, even ...

Water molecules are slightly magnetic, they are spinning like hell on
those "humps of the standing wave"--friction cooking, you will excuse my
"artistic authors' license" ... or not, in ALL of this ... ;-)

However, the standing wave is much more appreciated, by me--at this
point, thanks to Cecil. And, my attention is always drawn towards
"little oddities" which can serve as diversion. And, the standing wave
IS cooking the turkey--in my humble opinion ... you could say, "I
believe in standing waves."

But then, tomorrow night, I'll be up very late with cookies and milk.
Yanno, I've never seen 'em--yet? ;-)

Regards,
JS