Old December 25th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default r.r.a.a WARNING!!!

I have learned from my burned up Hustler coil mystery all the way to "no
power in standing waves" and where all those electrons, photons and other
antenna creaters go when I feed them power.

There's plenty of energy in those standing waves, Yuri,
existing as "reactive power" as defined by the IEEE
Dictionary (units of VARS from power engineering).

When any energy is extracted from a standing wave and
used to heat the Hustler coil, it automatically becomes a
traveling wave with the voltage and current in phase, not
a standing wave with the voltage and current 90 degrees out
of phase. Your Hustler coil was burned up by traveling waves,
not standing waves.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com