Old December 25th 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Larry Coyle Larry Coyle is offline

Default Receiver design book - suggestions?

"Denny" wrote in message
The books by Wes Hayward and his buddys, will give you stuff that
actually works..
Try:
Experimental Methods in RF Design
-- by Wes Hayward, W7ZOI, Rick Campbell, KK7B, and Bob Larkin, W7PUA

And several others in the ARRL catalog...

denny / k8do

I have "Experimental Methods ..." and I agree it's an excellent one. If you
have the book you
might want to check out Wes Hayward's web site

http://w7zoi.net/em0.html

for a list of errata (it's a long one) for the book. I guess that the proof
reading was a little skimpy!
An updated new edition seems to be called for.

This is not to take away anything from Hayward and the other authors. My hat
is off to them and
people like them who have contributed so much to ham radio over the years.

-vs-