Old December 25th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jay in the Mojave Jay in the Mojave is offline

Default r.r.a.a WARNING!!!

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
or FAQ depending on how you look at it... I should probably repeat this
regularly on here.

This newsgroup should NOT be used as a reference source for concepts or
equations regarding fields, waves, transmission lines, or other physical
phenomena. Please consult published text books and peer reviewed journals
for analysis of technical questions. The regular contributors in this
group have a wide variety of misconceptions and erroneous views which they
frequently throw in as if they were well known facts.

On the lighter side, it can be fun now and then to throw them a simple
problem and watch them swarm around like a kicked hornet nest.

The best confession yet :-)

Just my two centavos.
I enjoy this group because it is not policed by the Gestapo moderator and is
open to variety of opinions and allows niiiice loooong threads leading to
some conclusions and bringing up points that otherwise would be neglected.
It is a mirror of some personalities, uncovering their real repository of
knowledge, right or wrong, testing the convictions and stubbornness on
sometimes sticking to their false truths. But those with some open mind left
can make their own conclusions and learn a thing or two.
What a difference to say Towertalk reflector where i.e. W8JI (the great
technical imposter - as summed by K7GCO) can decimate opponent of his
"gospels" while Gestapo admin will delete any opposition to his "teachings"
and leave the last man standing with his fallacies still on his web site.
Too bad, because many decent posters get turned off and fade away just
disgusted by it.
So, thanks to youze guyz for your contributions to the warfare here, it is
the best, stimulating and a mirror of various contributors that paint the
pictures of themselves with their arguments.
I have learned from my burned up Hustler coil mystery all the way to "no
power in standing waves" and where all those electrons, photons and other
antenna creaters go when I feed them power.

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New 2008!

Yuri, K3BU, VE3BMV etc

Hello All:

I have sent Yuri e-mail telling him how I liked his Razor Antenna and
enjoyed his writings and such. But got no reply. Maybe didn't get thru
the filter?!?!?

This RRAA is a good group as I for one, watch and read, and then reread
and look thru a few books. It is a healthy group. And at times real
entertaining. As Yuri said it has many different views and
considerations not mention in most books and such are presented.

Setting back on the side lines and watching.

Merry Christmas to all.

Jay in the Mojave