Old December 25th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Uniden PC 76XL

"radiosrfun" wrote in message news:...
Have a Uniden PC 76XL CB set which is emitting an on frequency carrier -
albeit damned near dead - to a near by receiver set to the same channel.
There is no modulation going through it at all ***. There was a partial
leg sticking out of the D8 spot - it was either pulled or fell apart - not
sure which.

*** When I have an External Speaker hooked up via the jack, I seem to get
Modulation through IT and hear it on the near by receiver at the same
time - otherwise I get no modulation at all. The RF meter still isn't
moving in either case. The PA function seems to operate ok, as does all
other functions.

I don't have a schematic for this thing - and was wondering if anyone had
a copy of it they could scan or whatever. The set doesn't "appear" to have
been modified other than the D8 ("possibly" cut).

OH and the finals are good.

Any ideas anyone can lend on the cure of this, would be good too. Never
seen this issue before. I HATE not having a schematic. That is the biggest
pain in the ass I can think of in this field.

TIA and MERRY CHRISTMAS

OK, I did some research........

First off, "I" am not into "mods" of CBs - so I wasn't sure if this diode
was a part of any Modulation mod. In my research, I found - at least in the
few sites I went to - that the D8 wasn't a part of any mod. So - maybe it
was pulled instead of the D11 - which is stated to be pulled. I'll replace
that first and go from there. I did manage to find the other mod info which
I'm going to check as well - to see if any other tricks await.

I also managed to scrounge up the schematic too - so I should be good to go.
We shall see!