Old December 26th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a WARNING!!!

AI4QJ wrote:
This standing wave exists but it does *nothing* to transmit
power from my amp into radiated power.

Just a Nit.

The standing wave does do something to help the process.
It, like the tuner, transforms impedances. Without the
impedance transformation properties of the standing
waves, the system would not work as designed.

With my All-HF-Band notuner dipole (on my web page) the
standing waves are my friends, not my enemies. Without
the standing waves, my ladder-line length selector
method of matching would not work.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com