Old December 26th 07, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a WARNING!!!

Roger wrote:
But I wonder if you are thinking of the standing wave as the end of the
reflected wave, or as the envelope described by the reflected waves as
they sequence in time.

I am talking about steady-state and V(t) vs I(t) for
pure standing waves. Standing waves contain no real
active power. At the risk of having Jim Kelley develop
apoplexy :-) standing waves contain only reactive power,
as defined by The IEEE Dictionary.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com