Old December 26th 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a WARNING!!!

Cecil Moore wrote:

In trying to get any work out of V*I*cos(90)=0, blood out
of a turnip comes to mind.

I am not at the point where I would dismiss/cease-to-listen your
argument(s), far from it.

However, I see no reason why standing waves on a string, standing waves
in water, acoustic standing waves in the medium of a tuning fork, etc.
should be expected to behave in any manner inconsistent to em waves in a
medium--which can contain them and whereas standing waves will result ...

While most techs are "rote leaned", I am simply a hobbiest in these
areas, I have no "indoctrinated beliefs."

It is pretty apparent where I would attempt connection with any of these
mechanical waves in an attempt to extract work (power/energy/joules),
and from any "container" capable of containing them.

I have no problem in forming questions about the validity of the math
which drives your argument(s)--in one of my hands lays the
formulas/equations, in the other what my eyes suggest--NO, "what my eyes
tell me" ... close examination of either suggests the other is lie.

You will have patience if this takes a bit--I am sure ...

Regards,
JS