Old December 26th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
David Heinsohn David Heinsohn is offline

Default Radio Mart again outbids himself and has to relist

Unfortunately this is true of Ebay. Sellers can screw buyers all the time
with little action from Ebay. I leave these bum sellers negatives all the
time. Of course they always leave me a negative, but I fail to see the
negative when they were quickly paid. Ebay is just bunch of computer
software, and no one there wants to take personal intervention of any kind.
I even had this guy leave a negative by mistake. He and I both notified
Ebay. They would not change it. The feedback system is just another example
of less than scrupulous behavior. They allow those stinking private auctions
too. Where is the transparency in that ? Now they have started hiding all
bidders identities. I have not been to many live auctions where I did not
know who was bidding against me.

PayPal protection is a joke. I have never had it re-imburse me over any
crooked deal.

Ebay and the information world is not what it was 10 years ago.

Happy New Year
Dave

"H. P. Friedrichs" wrote in message
news:dqSdnUiMVucW6O3anZ2dnUVZ_gudnZ2d@velocitywest .net...
I don't know RadioMart and I have no idea if he is is a crook or not,
but either way, I don't think that "reporting" him will make any
difference. In my opinion, eBay couldn't care less.

Not long ago I bid on an assortment of "vintage" crystals. I paid
instantly via Paypal, and the crystals showed up pretty quickly. The
problem was that more than 20% either showed obvious signs of water
damage (long-term immersion and rust) or the housings were just plain
*empty* (yeah- some clown had removed the quartz!)

I attempted to contact the seller...not that I expected anything... but
just to let him know that this wasn't quite right. He refused to answer
my email so I left negative feedback---nothing personal or nasty, mind
you. I simply stated the facts.

Guess what? He slams *me* with negative feedback. Why? No reason. On
what grounds? No grounds. He was simply miffed and that's it. By the
way- he never did respond to my email.

I contacted eBay and told them I take the feedback system seriously,
that my feedback was 100% prior to this event, and that if I was to
receive negative feedback, I would think the seller would be obligated
to show where I had failed to meet my obligations. I challenged them to
cite justification.

eBay basically told me that the feedback system is based on "opinion"
and that they will not "censor" that guy's "opinion." So, in other
words, we don't care-- get lost.

I would argue that if anyone is being "censored," it is people who have
been cheated. The next time I'm shafted by a seller, I will have to
weigh the cost of my transaction versus the cost of unfair and
unwarranted retaliation should I leave negative feedback. Ten or 20
bucks worth of useless junk wasn't worth having my perfect recorded
stained.

I've had a lot of fun on eBay over the years, but frankly, this has
disgusted me to the point that my future participation on that site is
doubtful.

Pete

Tommy D wrote:
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:58:39 -0800, "K" wrote:

Here is proof positive this guy is a crook. If you click on the first

link,
and scroll down the pictures, check out the serial number. Then click

on
the second link, and again scroll down to the serial number, they are

the
same.

He bid on his own stuff, and won it, so had to relist it again! Geeze,

what
a guy. I wouldn't buy gold bricks cheap from him!

"None" wrote in message
Up to his old games - here's the most recent 'won' auction:

http://tinyurl.com/2w2ns6

The 'lucky' bidder wanked it up to $2000. Of course, we all
know that Radio Mart uses alternate IDs to shill bid his own stuff
into the stratosphere, and occasionally ends up the high bidder

himself.
Whereupon he has to reslist cuz the 'buyer' failed to pay (he sure
gets a LOT of 'non paying bidders' doesn't he!!)

Sure enough in this case, cuz he's just relisted it:

http://tinyurl.com/32d4lz

Of course, he always says 'non paying bidder' - naturally.

But hey Martyn - we all know you like to occasionally win the
shill auctions yourself! Have fun paying those Final Sale fees to
Ebay on your shills - or do you report yourself as the non-paying

bidder
perhaps?

Did you know that shill bidding, even on Ebay, is illegal in all 50
states?
Just curious...

Has anyone ever attempted to report this crook to eBay? No, they will
NOT favor him because of his feedback, etc. He's small fish in a big
ocean compared to many serious (and honest) sellers on eBay. If
enough people report him, sooner or later, he will get booted.

Please, people, report this guy to eBay! And keep reporting him until
he's off.

Tom