Old December 27th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Leland C. Scott Leland C. Scott is offline

Default ICOM Radio in New Movies "AVPR" and last Die Hard flick

I just saw the new movie "Alien vs. Predator Requiem". During one scene a
group breaks in to a hardware store to get some guns and there sitting on
the counter was a nice Icom 756 Pro, with a huge Icom poster for it clearly
in view behind it on the wall. What I missed was the frequency they dialed
in to talk to the locate National Guard unit. Anybody else notice what it
was?

Also in the latest "Die Hard" movie it looked like the radio used in the
police car seemed to be a single or dual band Ham rig, maybe a Kenwood
2m/70cm radio. The view was rather short on the several occasions I saw it
and couldn't make out the model or the frequency dialed into it. I suspect
it's a Kenwood due to the yellow/orange back lighting.

--
Regards,
Leland C. Scott