Old December 27th 07, 12:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Carter-k8vt Carter-k8vt is offline

Default Westinghouse H-104 power supply

Mark Oppat wrote:
Carter wrote:
The 268 volts you are seeing on each plate is 268 volts -AC- to ground; to
put it another way, you are looking at a transformer with a 268-0-268
volt secondary (or a transformer with a 536 volt *center-tapped*
secondary).

Carter,
lets get in the habit of saying "to CHASSIS" rather than "to GROUND". I
mentioned this before in this group... its really the correct term to be
using, especially since sometimes we are working on "hot chassis" sets too.

Good response, otherwise!

Mark Oppat

Mark, you are absolutely correct! As I stand at the Gateway to
Geezerdom, old (bad) habits die hard. ;-) To CHASSIS is indeed the
proper way to state it...

HNY,
Carter K8VT