Old December 27th 07, 01:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann Brenda Ann is offline

Default Westinghouse H-104 power supply

"Unrevealed Source" wrote in message
The part of the schematic that I didn't post does indeed show 117 volts as
the expected input.

So one final question, and then I think I've got it. I've gone online and
found a few sources for what should be a compatible transformer.
270-0-270, plus 5V and a 6.3V. I also looked up the current draw of a 5U4
and found that I need at least 3A across the filmanent, so I'll be sure to
buy one that is appropriate. But about that 270V - do I need to take into
account any kind of voltage drop across the plate? Obviously the
schematic is showing resulting voltages, not transformer output voltages
as I originally though. So is 270 the right spec? The 5U4 has about a
50V drop across the plate.

That 50V drop is figured into the resulting DC output voltage, once
filtered. (DC filtered voltage = AC voltage (of one half of the transformer
at any peak) x 1.414)