Old December 27th 07, 09:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tehrasha Darkon Tehrasha Darkon is offline

Default Collins' Curtain Array

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007, J. Mc Laughlin wrote:

Yes! An additional curtain antenna is seen off to the right of the picture,
which somewhat confuses. Additionally, the butterfly is not easy to see on
the nearest antenna. Thank you for finding the picture.

The circular array is the Collins Billboard, it covers 9 thru 27MHz, and
is phase steerable thru 360 degrees. The general rumor is that there are
only 2 of them in existance. The one in the picture here in Ceder Rapis
and an identical array belonging to SAC.

The array behind and to the right was a pair of panels for 3 thru 6 Mhz.
They were taken down in 1996.

I am not sure how much longer the circular array will be up and
operational. The antenna farm here at Collins has been significantly
reduced by the addition of new buildings to the campus. We have already
given up a couple of smaller directional arrays and one of the big
log-periodics.

--
My mailbox is NOT an advertisement medium. Tehrasha Darkon
My address is NOT for sale, lease or rent.